All Elite Wrestling held a TV taping for their AEW/ROH Jay Briscoe Celebration of Live at the Save Mart Center in Fresno, California. The tapings took place immediately after last night’s AEW Dynamite episode and featured ROH World Champion Claudio Castagnoli of Blackpool Combat Club defending his ROH World Championship against Christopher Daniels in the main event.
Below are full spoiler results courtesy of Tapping PWInsider.com:
– The ring apron, graphics and turnbuckles changed to the ROH logo and a large graphic featured an image of Jay Briscoe with the words, “JAY BRISCOE CELEBRATION OF LIFE 1984-2023.”
– Caprice Coleman and Ian Riccaboni opened the show and Riccaboni called it a special night and a night to celebrate. They then talked about Jay Briscoe being one of the greatest wrestlers in ROH history and said that Jay gave the most impressive interview ever. They also talked about Jay the man off-camera and what a great dad he was. It was then announced that two huge matches and other matches would be held in Jay Briscoe’s honor. They then said that Jay was very special to them and that he wanted the show to go on. It was then said that Jay Briscoe worked the first ROH match and now had to go on the show. It was also announced that some of Jay Briscoe’s ROH history would be shown to fans.
– Tony Khan then came out and thanked everyone for being there and for honoring the life and legacy of a great man. A “ROH!” The chant began as Jerry Lynn, BJ Whitmer and Dean Malenko came out to sit at a ringside table. A “Thanks Jay!” Chanting then begins. Justin Roberts then began his ring announce duties.
– Wheeler Utah (c) def. Hagane Shinno retained his ROH Pure Championship by submission. Yuta and Shinno shake hands after the match.
– Adam Cole then came down to the ring and talked about how Jay Briscoe was the most incredible person you could ever meet. He then praised Briscoe as a pro wrestler and talked about how many wrestlers had better matches with Jey and Mark. Cole also talked about how Jay helped him find himself in his 20s and said he wouldn’t be where he is today if it wasn’t for Jay. Cole shared their friendship and a “Thanks Jay!” He also talks about Jaap Shuru Kol then said that Jay was always thankful and appreciative and he never complained or spoke ill of anyone and always wanted the best for others. Cole also talked about how Jay loved his family and was an incredible husband and father. Cole then told the Briscoe family that he would be there for them no matter what and that he was sorry for the tragedy. Cole then said he hopes the family knows how much everyone loves them. Cole then went on to say that this is when Jey would hit him in the back of the head, tell him to man-up and put on a bad wrestling show. Cole then said it was time to get fired. Cole then says that Jay left the world a better place, then tells Jay that he loves him and misses him. Fans chanted “Thank you Jay!” He gave slogans. Again and “Man up!”
– Marina Shafir def. By submitting to the mighty Moira.
– Eddie Kingston def. QT Marshall by submission.
– Athena (c) def. Madison Reign via submission to retain her ROH Women’s World Championship. Sky Blue was at ringside for Madison Reigns, but Athena kept Sky Blue out with her title belt after the match.
– Juice Robinson def. Brandon Cutler.
– Yuka Sakazaki def. Sandra Moon.
– Claudio Castagnoli (C) def. Christopher Daniels with J-Driller to retain his ROH World Championship. After the match, Christopher Daniels spoke and said that Jay Briscoe was the toughest pro wrestler in 30 years. Daniels then thanked Jey’s family for sharing him with everyone and said he was proud to share the ring with such a great ROH Champion. Claudio also spoke and told everyone to tell someone they love them and he was reminded of this today when he went to the arena and heard a song, “Bring me flowers when I can enjoy them, not when I’m gone.” Claudio Then said that everyone should appreciate the days for what they are and never take tomorrow for granted. Claudio then thanked the fans and Daniels and said he loves the fans, loves Briscoe and hopes everyone gets home safe.
The AEW/ROH Jay Briscoe Celebration of Life event will soon be broadcast free on HonorClub and other digital platforms.