The Great Muta’s legendary career officially came to an end this past weekend with the character’s final match.
Muta is the most famous and successful character of Keiji Muto, who made his debut in the role N.W.A In March 1989 as Kefabe Son of the Great Kabuki.
Great Muta will succeed New Japan Pro Wrestling and would become WCW and IWGP Heavyweight Champion in August 1992.
The final match
For the past few months, Keiji Muto has been on a retirement tour, with his 38-year career coming to an end next month.
Last night, Muto competed as The Great Muta for the final time in the aptly named Great Muta Final Bye-Bye event at the Yokohama Arena.
After Sting and Allyn hit their own finishers, the match ended with Muta hitting a Shining Wizard knee on Hakushi for the pinfall win.
With Muta now a thing of the past, Keiji Muto’s final match will be against Tetsuya Naito on February 21.
Great Muta final bye-bye
Here are the full results of the Great Muta Final Bye-Bye event on 22nd January
* Kongo (Hajime Ohara & Hiroki) def. Atsushi Kotoge and Seki Yoshioka
* Jungle Kiona & Saori Anou def. Maya Yukihi and Natsu Sumire
* Timothy Thatcher def. Masaki Mochizuki
* Alejandro, Janta Miyawaki & Yasutaka Yano def. Eita, NOSAWA Rongai and Yoshinari Ogawa
* NOSAWA Miyawaki’s haircut.
* Good Looking Guys (Anthony Green, Jack Morris & Jack Lee) def. Daiki Inaba, Masa Kitamiya and Yoshiki Inamura
* GHC Martial Arts Rules: Kazushi Sakuraba def. Hideki Suzuki
* Lucha Libera Rules: AMAKUSA, Ninja Mack and Ultimo Dragon def. Dante Leone, KG and Yeo-Hei
* El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Kaito Kiyomiya, Satoshi Kojima and Takashi Sugiura def. Congo (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh, Manabu Sowa and Masakatsu Funaki)
* Great Muta, Sting and Derby Allyn def. Akira, Hakushi and Naomichi Marufuji