Hundreds will start at Trent Bridge, with a four-week window confirmed

Trent Bridge, home of reigning men’s champion Trent Rocket, will host the opening match of this year’s Hundred on August 1, with the final scheduled for Lord’s again on August 27.

As ESPNcricinfo revealed, This year’s tournament will be played in a shorter four-week window to avoid clashing with the summer men’s international schedule that has limited the availability of many of the tournament’s marquee players in its previous two seasons.

To enable this short window, all rounds will be played as men’s and women’s double-headers – a change from 2021, when the tournament opened with a separate women’s game at Kia Oval, and 2022, when the women’s event was delayed by the concurrent Commonwealth Games – when eight There will be “double-double-header” days, where four matches will be played.

In a further change to the 2022 schedule, the eliminator will be played on the eve of the Lord’s final in London – at The Oval, after criticism among others, Simon Katich is the head coach of Manchester OriginalsWho felt his side were hampered at last year’s event due to the late-night journey from Southampton following their thrilling eliminator win over London Spirit.

The Hundred’s partnership with BBC Music Introducing will continue for the 2023 event, meaning a diverse range of artists and DJs will once again provide in-game entertainment, while tickets are priced at £5 for juniors aged 6-15, free for children. Five and under and adults start from £10.

For the first time in the competition’s history, both the men’s and women’s events will be preceded by a draft, which will take place on Thursday 2 March. The deadline – the day players are confirmed to be retained in both competitions – will be Thursday, February 16.

“Lifting the trophy with my Oval Invincibles teammates last year was a highlight of my career that I will never forget,” said England batsman Lorraine Winfield-Hill. “The Hundred is an exciting competition to be a part of. The support we’ve had at every game has been fantastic and I can’t wait to get back to defending the title this year.

“The first women’s draft is certainly going to bring an exciting new element to the game and it will be interesting to see how the teams shape up for another fierce competition.”

Dawood Malan, last year’s leading run-scorer in the men’s competition and a reigning champion with Trent Rockets, added: “I have so many great memories from the Hundred 2022. The atmosphere on every ground was really enjoyable and winning the title at Lord’s was very special. This summer England and Cricket in Wales is shaping up to be huge and I’m really looking forward to the third year of the centenary, playing in front of big crowds with some of the best players in the world.”

Tournament Managing Director Sanjay Patel said: “I’m incredibly proud that the Hundred has already made an impact on cricket in England and Wales after just two years, delivering a new format that has seen more families and a diverse new generation of fans. Access to the game

“As we enter year three, we look forward to building on that momentum and delivering another unforgettable summer of world-class cricket action and entertainment that will appeal to new and existing audiences alike.”

Beth Barrett-Wilde, Head of Women’s Tournaments and Women’s Engagement at the ECB, added: “We are in the midst of a truly special period for professional women’s sport, with exponential levels of growth across every measure of engagement, from broadcast viewing figures to match day attendance.

“Since its launch in 2021, The Hundred has had a transformative impact on women’s cricket, taking the women’s game into the mainstream and naming our brilliant female players into families.”

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.